The Healing benefits of Crystals
Crystals have been used throughout history for their beauty and healing qualities. With so many different crystals you might be wondering where do I start and what crystal should I pick? Here is a summary of some of the most popular crystals and their benefits.
- Amethyst: Aids creative thinking and spiritual awareness. During medieval times it was used as a prevention for intoxication and overindulgence. When used as a dream stone it is believed to cure insomnia.
- Lapis Lazuli: Brings mental and emotional virility and gives the ability to overcome trauma and grief.
- Rose Quartz: Opens the heart to love and promotes peace. It brings calm and reassurance to be able to deal with a crisis.
- Black Obsidian: It assists in the release of disharmony including resentment of others, fear and anger.
- Labradorite: Protects against negativity, brings a sense of adventure and excitement. Helps to purify your energy, clears and opens all chakras.
- Fluorite: Encourages a sense of self worth, reduces tension and anxiety. When used during spiritual practices it helps with providing mental clarity.
- Aventurine: Known as the stone of good luck and opportunity. It reinforces leadership qualities and decisiveness. Stabilizes one's state of mind, stimulates perception and enhances creativity.
- Hematite: Used for protection and grounding. Helps to enhance your memory and original thinking.
- Moonstone: A stone strongly connected to the energy of the goddess and moon. Helps to enhance your natural intuition, clairvoyance and stimulates development of innate psychic gifts and talents.
- Shungite: Cleanses your aura of negative energies. Helps you to heal, brings your shadows and stuck emotions into the light and allows your to be transformed.
- Amazonite: Allows you to speak your heart and find your own truth, while still keeping a connection with others. A stone of harmony that is based in authenticity.
- Garnet: The stone of gentle grounding with a slow and steady energy that helps you feel safe and grounded in your body, yet still providing support to help create your dreams.
These are just some of the beneficial properties of crystals, in the next post I will explain how to incorporate crystals into your life to reap the benefits of the energy they exert.